CAN SOMEONE HELP EXPLAIN TO ME WHY MY BET IS LOST??

• Event Team

Hello @Ifmtgpysmyb

In a handicap bet, one team is given a theoretical advantage or disadvantage in terms of goals before the match even begins. This adjustment is designed to level the playing field between teams of differing abilities.

For instance, in your bet with Manchester City (-0.5), it means that Manchester City starts the match with a slight deficit of -0.5 goals. This implies that in order for your bet to win, Manchester City must either win the match outright or secure a draw.

However, if Manchester City fails to meet this requirement—either by losing the match or ending in a draw where they score fewer goals than their opponent after accounting for the handicap—then the bet is considered lost.

So, in the scenario where the match ended 0:1 against Manchester City, despite the handicap, they still scored fewer goals than their opponent. As a result, the bet on Manchester City (-0.5) would be deemed unsuccessful.

This type of bet is popular because it can add excitement to matches where one team is heavily favored. It allows bettors to wager on the match's outcome with adjusted odds that reflect the perceived difference in quality between the teams.

I'm glad to provide you with this insight! If you have any further questions or need assistance with anything else, feel free to let us know. We're here to help!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Register a new account

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now